LiquidCMS has ported over the Room Reservation system sandbox project here: https://drupal.org/sandbox/BobHumphrey/1834546<
For more info, see here: https://drupal.org/comment/reply/1853318
I promised to have a D7 port available a couple weeks ago but Bob (the sandbox owner) has not been able to get me added yet as a contributor to the sandbox/project. In lieu of this; here is a ZIP of our current D7 version of this module. Once we get me added I will promote this to a full project and submit this code there.
- std Drupal fields are now used as well as nodes for rooms, categories and reservations. This allows many standard Drupal modules to be used such as Views.
- the original pages for My Reservations and Room Listings have now been replaced by views - there is most likely a lot of "dead" code still included in the D7 code; it is of 2 types:
- code which is and won't be required anymore due to architecture changes such as using fields/nodes - but that i havent gotten around to cleaning out yet
- features from the D6 version which have not yet been ported over to D7 (but which will hopefully be done at some point by us or anyone nice enough to contribute, or contribute by funding us or someone else). This is mostly the notification system.
- major node/field architecture changes to better align with D7 way of doing things and use of Views where applicable.
- repeat booking feature: can book all days from current day until day selected or can book all day of the week until day selected.
- private booking: allow the group name (i.e. Reservation title) to be hidden
- expanded user permissions
- use date popup calendar to select calendar date
- more options for both extended and standard book ahead limits which allows admins to pre-book rooms up to a year in advance
- fix how default hours works (i don't think it worked correctly in D6 version)
- use Qtip to show Room descriptions on hover: http://screencast.com/t/1uxe0g8ay
- have not yet ported over the notification system (feel free to provide a patch or funding)
- would like to redo the "reservation" node to be simply a field which may be added to any entity
The project can be found here: Room Reservations